Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Reading Diary A: More English Fairy Tales

My favorite stories from the More English Fairy Tales unit by Joseph Jacobs are:

The Pied Piper. I remember this story from when I was a little kid.
The rats are extremely annoying. Good details describing Pied Piper. How lucky were the town that he rolled in?
Should've paid the man instead of betraying him. Is Pied Piper's actions justified? I think so!

Picture depicting Pied Piper. 



Tattercoats. A lord, his granddaughter, a prince, and a gooseherd are the main characters. It contains a little bit of magic, which is always awesome.
A question I had was why be mad at your daughter's own blood and kin if you loved your daughter so much? I might write this story just to change that part.
Good details in describing how the girl looked.
Highlights the fact that one shouldn't judge based on someone's appearance.

Johnny Gloke. One of my favorites just because of how reached his resolution to do great deeds. He went from killing flies to killing giants. Johnny Gloke along with the two giants are the main characters. I am really interested in this story. It kind of sounds like Mission Impossible based on the ending.

The Old Witch. This was such an interesting story. It highlights the fact that some people succeeds in life, but some don't even if they try to follow the same path. The two sisters and a witch are the main characters. The witch was not so bad as she didn't kill the second sister when she caught her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment