Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Reading Diary B: English Fairy Tales

My favorite stories from the English Fairy Tales unit by Joseph Jacobs are:

Tom Tit Tot. This was a very interesting story. It was one of my favorite because it is similar to Rumpelstiltskin. In fact, it is almost a direct copy of Rumpelstiltskin except for the characters and the beginning of the story. What the little guy wanted is different also, but everything else is same. Every characters are here, the dad is substituted by a mom. I liked Rumpelstiltskin when I read that the first time, hence, I like this also. I felt like this has more details about the settings, which makes it better also. Those details would be very good in a story.

Picture depicting Tom Tit Tot and the lady. 


The Old Woman and Her Pig. Lots of repeated words used in this story, but that's what made this fun. It was really funny to read about what the old woman did to get home. I am glad the cat agreed at the end, or the woman would've had to stay out there :) 

Cap o' Rushes. This was a pretty nice story. I heard this story before, but this was changed a little bit. But the overall theme was the same. About three people were the main characters. The father needed to understand clever things.

The Story of the Three Little Pigs. I think this is my second favorite. It is a little different from the usual three little pigs story. The wolf died at the end, which is a nice change. Wish he died at the beginning, so no pigs would've died. 

No comments:

Post a Comment