Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Reading Diary A: Europa's Fairy Book

My favorite stories from the Europa's Fairy Book unit by Joseph Jacobs are:

The Cinder-Maid. A little different version of Cinderella. The main character is treated the same way, but some things are changed.
Some magic is involved. A little magic is always fun. Good details describing the things Cinder-Maid wears. She was lucky the tree was magical :)
I might change some things with this story. Maybe add some new things. Oh, and the poor sisters, they cut off their toes and heels to fit their feet into the shoe! Ha!

Picture depicting one of the sister cutting off her toe. 
The Language of Animals. A son named Jack, his mom, and dad are the main characters. This was a different and interesting story mixed with some familiar themes.
I have to say that, thankfully, the robber had more heart than the father. I might change this though because this seems a little harsh.
Jack was always very nice, and in the end, he forgave his dad.

A Dozen at a Blow. One of my favorites just because it was a similar story to on I read last week I think. A tailor is the main character. He went from killing flies to messing with and killing giants , boars, and unicorns. He is very cunning, hence, he gets away with it every time. I said it last time, it kind of sounds like Mission Impossible based on what he is doing. I might write this story, and give him even more strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment