Friday, August 28, 2015

UnTextbook Choices

Unit 1: Folktales of Bengal 
I am from Bangladesh. So when I see something that is related to Bangladesh, I instantly look at what it is. This was one of those occasion. I looked and I heard some part of the story but don't know most of it. I am looking forward to reading the whole thing.

Unit 2: The Voyages of Sinbad
There used to be a Sinbad show on TV when I was little. Sinbad's adventures really excited me when I watched the show. I watched every episode so I am a little familiar with his adventures but now I am looking forward to reading detailed versions about it from a first-person point of view.

Unit 3: Twenty-Two Goblins
Goblins are fresh on my mind as I watched all the Harry Potter movies again couple of weeks ago. The similarity that I can see to the Harry Potter goblins and the goblins in the story is that they are very smart. Another reason why I am interested in this is because I am really looking forward to seeing what happens and to the answers of the riddles. 

Unit 4: Tales of a Parrot 
The main reason I picked this is I am eager to find out what happens the master of the house comes home. I want to just read the ending to see what happens, but at the same time, I don't want to ruin the whole story for myself. I will wait and read it when I will do this for the weekly assignment.


Picture from the Goblins stories.
I picked this because this story is the one I am most eager to read first.
Source: Twenty-Two Goblins. UnTextbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment