Monday, August 31, 2015

Growth Mindset

I have not heard of Carol Dweck or the growth mindset before. After reading about her and the idea of growth mindset, I am sold on the idea. I really liked the concept of growth mindset. I think it will make future generations more intelligent and hard-working.

I do not have a growth mindset as it's more important for me to get an A in a class or an exam rather than enjoy the subject or learn more about those subjects. Sometimes when I do badly on an exam, I too look for others who did as badly as me so that we can share the pain together. While at OU, I learned that I have gotten more competitive about my grades as I need to get a high GPA. From this, I also learned that the grades have become more important to me than the information itself. To fix this will be my biggest challenge.

I will be very interested to learn more about the growth mindset this semester as I will look to break away from my old mindset and enjoy and learn the information I am learning. I liked the challenges that are outlined in the blog. I will try my best to do some while I write the stories for this week.

Learning about growth mindset could help with my PE courses as I need to retain those information for a long time. Currently, while I stress about the grades, the information I learn sometimes get lost, but I think growth mindset will be able to change that.

Growth Mindset Meme "You can always learn more".
Source: Growth Mindset Meme Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment